(07-28-2012 Dacono, CO) Greg Pursley in the #26 Ford was the class of the K&N Pro Series West field as he won the NAPA Toyota 150 at Colorado National Speedway. With the win Pursley took over the K&N west Series points lead from last years CNS winner #03 Dylan Kwasniewski.
(Dacono CO, 07-21-2012) Coming in to the Whelen Night at the Races Gering Nebraska's Rick Smith maintained the points lead in the Gillett Vet Late Model division. Yet Greeley Colorado's Bruce Yackey won his second straight main event and stole the top spot from Smith creating a dramatic points race halfway through the season.
In addition to the K&N Series race the Sportsman, Pro Trucks, and Figure 8s will also be racing therefore it's going to be a packed house and certainly one of the biggest shows of the season at CNS. Fans will want to make sure to get their tickets early and can be purchased in advance online here at the CNS website
The NASCAR NAPA Toyota will be run July 28th at CNS. Grandstands open at 3PM and the racing starts at 6PM.
The night prior to the NAPA Toyota 150 there will be a meet and greet with Michael Waltrip where fans can get autographs and get a chance to meet and speak with the 2 time Daytona 500 champion. Join NAPA and the American Red Cross in raising funds to help support disaster relief efforts for the Colorado wildfires. NAPA is hosting a Meet & Greet with NASCAR drivers Michael Waltrip, Eric Holmes, Ben Kennedy, and Bill McAnally Racing.
Details for the Meet and Greet are as follows...
WHEN: July 27th 5PM to 8PM
WHERE: NAPA Distribution Center
ADDRESS: 2101 Highway 224, Denver CO 80229
Hamburgers, hotdogs, and soda will be provided in support of the American Red Cross for only a $5 donation.
(Dacono, CO 07-14-2012) A very clean and exciting night of racing culminated when #12 Bruce "the Moose" Yackey manhandled the field and brought home the win on Hajek Chevrolet Night at the races at Colorado National Speedway. In the Sportsman division #98 Lee Kemmit won yet another main event as he continues to dominate the division, and #3 Michael Cox drove a great race to win the NTC Logistics Super Stocks main event.
Attention Late Model Division:
Supplemental information to be a part of the 2012 CNS rule book regarding the use of the crate 604 motor:
- Carburetor: 650 CFM gauge legal maximum. 1“spacer between carburetor will be allowed.
- Ignition systems will be limited to 6600 rpm. All other requirements for ignition systems currently in the rule book will be enforced.
- Approved aftermarket harmonic balancers and pulleys will be allowed.
- 1.5 Or 1.6 aluminum roller rocker arms are allowed.
- Factory installed valve springs as well as GM 12499224 Beehive valve springs are allowed.
- Factory installed oil pans as well as the 6.5” aftermarket oil pans allowed.
- Minimum weight rule with driver before the race will be 2850 lbs. with 58% maximum left side weight.
- Random "Pump and Whistle" Inspections
- Rain claims United Power night at CNS
- Test and Tunes Fridays at CNS
- Rookie Blake Harris Shocks the Late Model Division Winning the Oskar Blues Brewery 100 Lapper.
- Jeff Walbaum narrowly beats Lee Kemmit for a well deserved win in the Sportsman division
- Father's Day MonsterFest Monster Truck Show a smashing success
- ERA Supermodified schedule
- The Father's Day race at CNS goes to Bruce "the Moose" Yackey
- Lee Kemmit drives the GTI/DEKA Dodge to victory on a gorgeous Colorado evening at CNS
- Chris Eggleston leads flag to flag to take CNS glory
Page 17 of 58