2013 OFFICIAL CNS RULES
- General Rules (all divisions rev 5-6-2013)
- Super Late Models (rev 1-24-2013)
- Late Models Formerly Sportsman (rev 6-13-2013)
- Pro Trucks (rev 1-30-2013)
- Grand American Modifieds (rev 3-21-2013)
- Super Stocks (rev 5-6-2013)
- Figure 8s (rev 1-16-2013)
- Pure Stocks (rev 5-6-2013) for more info on the new Pure Stock Division call John Wittar 303-359-6026 or
Adam Hilton 720-298-7183
- Trains (rev 1-16-2013)
- DEMOX (rev 03-28-2013)
- XTREME Trucks (for more info click here)
Bookmark this page if you are a race driver or car owner at CNS. This is the page where you will find all the latest news regarding the operations at CNS that effect racers and car owners. Please check this section weekly so that you are up to date on the changes, and updates at Colorado National Speedway.
We have created a easy to remember weblink for this section at: http://coloradospeedway.com/tech
(please take note of it).
To: All Divisions
From: CNS Management and Tech
Starting on May 05, 2012 All Divisions will have their tires marked by CNS tech prior to qualifying. Teams must race the same tires as they qualified on in their main event. Teams may race on a different tires in their DASH races.
We hope this will help teams with tire cost and help keep the competion on a level playing field.
Thank you and good luck CNS Management and Tech.
We have found the need to have Lexan windshields in the DEMO X cars. A half windshield covering the drivers side of the front window will be adequate, 1/8th inch minimum thickness required.
After looking at all of the information we have decided to retract the following TECH NEWS update:
You will be allowed to run a maximum of 3 spring rubbers per spring.
Rubber hose wrapped around coils will not be allowed.
We will be reviewing this rule again after the 2012 season. Thank you for your cooperation CNS management.
The new tires are in at Colorado National Speedway. Tire sales start today from 3PM to 6PM and Johnny Witthar will be there to take your orders.
You can buy race tires at CNS every Tuesday and Thursday from 3 to 6PM.
The 602 crate engine for the Super Stock division is a option, not a mandatory rule addition for the 2012 season. There may have been some confusion regarding the new rule so we wanted to take this moment to make sure all the Super Stock competitors were aware that the 602 crate engine is an optional engine package and not a mandatory engine package. We hope this has helped clear up any miscommunication.
Going forward, we have no plans to make this engine the sole, mandatory option.
-GAM race will be a 40 lapper with $1000 to win.
-Double points night.
-Double points night.
-GAM race will be a 40 lapper.
-Double points night.
-Trains will replace the Figure 8s on the schedule tonight.
-Figure 8s will replace the Trains on the schedule tonight.
Thanks to all the drivers and race teams for your input and support regarding the 2012 rule changes. We're looking forward to a great 2012 season!
- Tech Director
- 1) Side mirrors will be permitted and must not protrude beyond the vehicle's door panel and must not be constructed of glass.
- 2) Tread Width:
- a) 81" maximum, measured from outermost part of the tire at spindle height, zero tow in, front and rear are presented for inspection - no tolerance.
- 3) Clutch/Transmissions - These sentences will be deleted from the 2011 rule book:
- a) Clutch must be inside bell housing.
- b) Clutch and flywheel must attach to crankshaft in conventional manner and rotate with crankshaft at all times.
- c) Clutch must be a minimum of 5.5" in diameter.
- 4) Suspension - This sentence will be deleted from the 2011 rule book:
- a) It is recommended that the right front spindle only be an aftermarket heavy duty type.
- 5) Mandatory track tire will be 8” Hoosier slick F53 for the left side & F75 for the right side. 2011 tires may not be used in competition for the 2012 season.
Reference 2011 rule book for all other Grand American Modified rules.
The location of the meeting has been moved to:
C B & Potts
1257 West 120th Avenue,
Westminster, CO 80234
Same time, same date.
(Dacono, February 07, 2012)-
Pro Truck Owner/Driver Steve Johnson & Justin Simonson would like to invite all Pro Truck Drivers, Owners, Race Teams or anyone interested in the Pro Truck Division to attend an unofficial meeting on February 18, 2012 at 12:00pm.
This unofficial meeting is not a rules meeting. This is a networking meeting to discuss ideas for increasing interest in the Pro Truck division. Anyone interested in the Pro Truck division should attend.
For more information please contact:
Steve Johnson 970-566-0179
Justin Simonson 303-642-5861
Paul Garrison - Senior Consultant
Page 4 of 6