2013 OFFICIAL CNS RULES
- General Rules (all divisions rev 5-6-2013)
- Super Late Models (rev 1-24-2013)
- Late Models Formerly Sportsman (rev 1-24-2013)
- Pro Trucks (rev 1-30-2013)
- Grand American Modifieds (rev 3-21-2013)
- Super Stocks (rev 5-6-2013)
- Figure 8s (rev 1-16-2013)
- Pure Stocks (rev 5-6-2013) for more info on the new Pure Stock Division call John Wittar 303-359-6026 or
Adam Hilton 720-298-7183
- Trains (rev 1-16-2013)
- DEMOX (rev 03-28-2013)
- XTREME Trucks (for more info click here)
Bookmark this page if you are a race driver or car owner at CNS. This is the page where you will find all the latest news regarding the operations at CNS that effect racers and car owners. Please check this section weekly so that you are up to date on the changes, and updates at Colorado National Speedway.
We have created a easy to remember weblink for this section at: http://coloradospeedway.com/tech
(please take note of it).
Thanks again for your continued support of Colorado National Speedway
- CNS Staff
Attention Late Model Division:
Supplemental information to be a part of the 2012 CNS rule book regarding the use of the crate 604 motor:
- Carburetor: 650 CFM gauge legal maximum. 1“spacer between carburetor will be allowed.
- Ignition systems will be limited to 6600 rpm. All other requirements for ignition systems currently in the rule book will be enforced.
- Approved aftermarket harmonic balancers and pulleys will be allowed.
- 1.5 Or 1.6 aluminum roller rocker arms are allowed.
- Factory installed valve springs as well as GM 12499224 Beehive valve springs are allowed.
- Factory installed oil pans as well as the 6.5” aftermarket oil pans allowed.
- Minimum weight rule with driver before the race will be 2850 lbs. with 58% maximum left side weight.
To: All Divisions
From: CNS Management and Tech
Random "Pump and Whistle" inspections will begin occurring before practice occurs on the track. CNS will do their best to inform you of your selection before you arrive at the track, however, that may not always be the case. If you are chosen please unload your vehicle and bring it to the tech shed as close to Noon as possible so that we can perform the inspection. All competitors may view the results from behind the car if you so desire. Anyone who wants to volunteer to have this done to their vehicle is also welcome to sign up for this by contacting Darrell Smith.
Thank You CNS Management and Tech
Looking to get some extra track time? CNS will begin a new program on Friday night's which will allow any car owner and driver to come on out to the track and get some track time which will allow every race team to fine tune their cars for race day. Not only that but it's also a time to have some fun with your fellow competitors and do some bench racing in the beer garden.
Introducing Test and Tune Fridays at CNS.
The pit gate will open at 3PM and cars will be allowed on the track from 3 to dark. Every car and driver will be a $25 entry in to the pits and each additional crew member will only be $5.
The Beer Garden will open from 5PM to 10PM and cold beverages will be available. A great time will be had by all so don't miss out on a inexpensive and FUN way to get some extra track time at Colorado National Speedway. Entrance into the beer garden will be free.
As of yesterday the weather forecast looked fairly grim but CNS officials were still holding out hope that the May 19th races would be able to be run. However, the rain has intensified and the forecast continues to worsen therefore CNS officials have been forced to cancel the events scheduled for tonight (May 19th).
Next weekend is our big 2-Day Memorial Day race. On Saturday May 26th we will feature Sportsman, Pro Truck, Super Stocks, Supermodifieds, and Trains. Then on Sunday May 27th get ready for a 100 lap Late Model main event, a 40 lap GAM main event, plus the Mod Coupes, Legends, and Figure 8s.
To: All Divisions
From: CNS Management and Tech
Starting on May 05, 2012 All Divisions will have their tires marked by CNS tech prior to qualifying. Teams must race the same tires as they qualified on in their main event. Teams may race on a different tires in their DASH races.
We hope this will help teams with tire cost and help keep the competion on a level playing field.
Thank you and good luck CNS Management and Tech.
We have found the need to have Lexan windshields in the DEMO X cars. A half windshield covering the drivers side of the front window will be adequate, 1/8th inch minimum thickness required.
After looking at all of the information we have decided to retract the following TECH NEWS update:
You will be allowed to run a maximum of 3 spring rubbers per spring.
Rubber hose wrapped around coils will not be allowed.
We will be reviewing this rule again after the 2012 season. Thank you for your cooperation CNS management.
Page 3 of 6