GAM rules apply except for the following changes.
- 1) Side mirrors will be permitted and must not protrude beyond the vehicle's door panel and must not be constructed of glass.
- 2) Tread Width:
- a) 81" maximum, measured from outermost part of the tire at spindle height, zero tow in, front and rear are presented for inspection - no tolerance.
- 3) Clutch/Transmissions - These sentences will be deleted from the 2011 rule book:
- a) Clutch must be inside bell housing.
- b) Clutch and flywheel must attach to crankshaft in conventional manner and rotate with crankshaft at all times.
- c) Clutch must be a minimum of 5.5" in diameter.
- 4) Suspension - This sentence will be deleted from the 2011 rule book:
- a) It is recommended that the right front spindle only be an aftermarket heavy duty type.
- 5) Mandatory track tire will be 8” Hoosier slick F53 for the left side & F75 for the right side. 2011 tires may not be used in competition for the 2012 season.
Reference 2011 rule book for all other Grand American Modified rules.