Muhler holds off Smith for the win but Savage secures the points championship.
#95m Cris Muhler maintains only a small lead over #31 Rick Smith on route to a main event win.
(Dacono, CO - 10-15-2011) On one of the most entertaining race nights of the season at Colorado National Speedway #95m Cris Muhler battled side by side with #31 Rick Smith to take the Purifoy Chevrolet Championship Night I. However it was #74 Dan Savage that earned enough points to secure the 2011 CNS track championship in the Gillet Vet Late Model division.
Savage and Kemmit extend their point leads
Lee Kemmit battles Jeff Walbaum on FALLFEST Night 1 at CNS (Starr photo)
(Dacono, CO - 10-01-2011) Sportsman points leader Lee Kemmit proved once again he is the car to beat in 2011 winning yet another main event. And while Rick Smith won the late model feature, point leader Dan Savage gained valuable ground on second place Bruce Yackey.
CNS Late Model Points Chase Tightens Up
Main event winner Chris Eggleston in winner's circle at Colorado National Speedway (Starr photo)
(09-24-2011 Dacono, CO) Chris Eggleston may have won the feature event at Snap-On Tools Night at the races at Colorado National Speedway but the real story was Bruce Yackey making up a few points on current leader Dan Savage setting up what could be one of the closest championship points battles in a long time.
Late Model aces Rick Smith, Darren Bucklen, and Chris Eggleston thrill the CNS fans.
(Dacono, CO - 09-17-2011) On Mike's Hard Lemonade night at Colorado National Speedway clean green flag racing was the theme in every division as Rick Smith took the late model main, Lee Kemmit won the Sportsman division, Kyle Clegg was first in the legends, and Harold Evans won the ERA Supermodified feature event.
New faces in victory circle excite the crowd during Rocky's Autos night at CNS
Sportsman ace Lee Kemmit is a fixture in victory circle this year, Cris Muhler's mod coupe, and Mark Neff's Pro Truck also returned to victory circle. But it was the new faces in victory circle that stole the show on this night. John Humphrey won the Super Stock feature, Tom Evans grabbed the trophy for the Grand American Modifieds, and Jared "Wally" Wall found pay dirt in the Figure 8s.
PICTURE: #61 John Humphrey holds off the field in the Super Stocks to win his first at CNS (Starr photo)
- Challenge Cup XXXVII goes to Eggleston in a dominating performance
- Chris Eggleston sweeps Ride 9-11 night at CNS
- Rick Smith wins Whelen Night at CNS from the pole position
- Roger Avants holds off Dan Savage winning Chick-Fil-A Night at CNS
- K&N West Series rookie Kwasniewski leads every lap to take the Toyota/NAPA 150
- Rick Smith holds off Ronnie Hults for his first win of the year at CNS
- Ronnie Hults Comes From Behind for Another Late Model Victory
- Lee Kemmit's mastery of CNS continues.
- Rain claims July 9th races at CNS
- Speedy Ronnie Hults returns to CNS to win the 100 lap MID-SEASON Championship Feature
Page 11 of 25