Gering Nebraska's Rick Smith powers his way to winning the Famous Dave's BBQ 100
(Dacono, CO 05-27-2012) On day two of the CNS Memorial Day race it appeared that multi-time Late Model track champion Bruce "the Moose" Yackey might be on his way to winning the biggest race of the year at Colorado National Speedway. Yet Rick Smith from Gering Nebraska made a strong move on the outside of Yackey to take the win and top the huge field of 29 Late Models that were on hand for the event.
Kemmit, Leaf, Lynch, and Evans, victorious on night one of the CNS Memorial Day race
(05-26-2012 - Dacono, CO) Lee Kemmit in the #98 Dodge won yet another main event maintaining his stranglehold on winner's circle for the Sportsman division. In the Pro Trucks #07 Chris Leaf landed in winner's circle as did #33 Bear Lynch in the Super Stocks. #3 Harold Evans piloted his supermodified to the win in the first ERA event of the season at CNS.
Lightning strikes at CNS in both the Super Stock and Late Model main events
(Dacono CO 05-05-2012) Lightning Ric Lothert returned to CNS to dominate the Super Stock main event and prove once again his yellow and green #46 is the car to beat any time it rolls off the trailer. And lightning struck again in the late model feature but this time by Mother Nature forcing the race night to be shortened by the CNS Track Officials for the safety of the loyal CNS patrons.
Eggleston, Yackey, Avants, and Smith, thrill the CNS fans in the first Late Model event of the 2012 season
Eggleston, Yackey, Avants, Smith at the finish! (Starr photo)
(Dacono, CO - 04-21-2012) The Gillett Vet Late Models made their 2012 season debut and the large crowd at Colorado National Speedway were treated to one of the best night's of racing in years. Chris Eggleston, Bruce Yackey, Roger Avants, and Rick Smith, all crossed the finish line within feet of one another with Eggleston just barely out in front taking the victory.
Kemmit, Whitman, Nugent, and Martinez, grab BigWestRacing.com Night at CNS Glory
(04-07-2012, Dacono, CO) 2012 began where 2011 left off with with Lee Kemmit taking home all the hardware in the CNS Pair A Dice Sportsman division. Kemmit came from outside the third row and worked his way passed Dave Dienes to take the lead just before the halfway mark of the race and he never looked back.
[pic] Dave Dienes hits the wall hard trying to make a last lap pass on race leader Lee Kemmit. (Starr photo)
- Walbaum, Neff, Ray, Fields, Robertson, win final races of the 2011 season at CNS
- Muhler holds off Smith for the win but Savage secures the points championship.
- Savage and Kemmit extend their point leads
- CNS Late Model Points Chase Tightens Up
- Late Model aces Rick Smith, Darren Bucklen, and Chris Eggleston thrill the CNS fans.
- New faces in victory circle excite the crowd during Rocky's Autos night at CNS
- Challenge Cup XXXVII goes to Eggleston in a dominating performance
- Chris Eggleston sweeps Ride 9-11 night at CNS
- Rick Smith wins Whelen Night at CNS from the pole position
- Roger Avants holds off Dan Savage winning Chick-Fil-A Night at CNS
Page 7 of 22