Bruce Yackey Dominates the Field on Hajek Chevrolet Night at CNS
(Dacono, CO 07-14-2012) A very clean and exciting night of racing culminated when #12 Bruce "the Moose" Yackey manhandled the field and brought home the win on Hajek Chevrolet Night at the races at Colorado National Speedway. In the Sportsman division #98 Lee Kemmit won yet another main event as he continues to dominate the division, and #3 Michael Cox drove a great race to win the NTC Logistics Super Stocks main event.
Late Model Supplemental crate motor information
Attention Late Model Division:
Supplemental information to be a part of the 2012 CNS rule book regarding the use of the crate 604 motor:
- Carburetor: 650 CFM gauge legal maximum. 1“spacer between carburetor will be allowed.
- Ignition systems will be limited to 6600 rpm. All other requirements for ignition systems currently in the rule book will be enforced.
- Approved aftermarket harmonic balancers and pulleys will be allowed.
- 1.5 Or 1.6 aluminum roller rocker arms are allowed.
- Factory installed valve springs as well as GM 12499224 Beehive valve springs are allowed.
- Factory installed oil pans as well as the 6.5” aftermarket oil pans allowed.
- Minimum weight rule with driver before the race will be 2850 lbs. with 58% maximum left side weight.
Random "Pump and Whistle" Inspections
To: All Divisions
From: CNS Management and Tech
Random "Pump and Whistle" inspections will begin occurring before practice occurs on the track. CNS will do their best to inform you of your selection before you arrive at the track, however, that may not always be the case. If you are chosen please unload your vehicle and bring it to the tech shed as close to Noon as possible so that we can perform the inspection. All competitors may view the results from behind the car if you so desire. Anyone who wants to volunteer to have this done to their vehicle is also welcome to sign up for this by contacting Darrell Smith.
Thank You CNS Management and Tech
Rain claims United Power night at CNS
A massive series of thunderstorms raced across the front range and eventually made their way to Dacono completely drenching the 3/8ths mile paved oval. The RMRLA cars had just begun qualifying when the rain began to fall and it turned into one of the most torrential rain storms that the track has faced in a long time. For the safety of the fans, drivers, and track staff the races were canceled.
Next week the action at CNS returns with the Late Models, Sportsman, Super Stocks, and Trains and the entire event is proudly presented by Hajek Chevrolet.
Test and Tunes Fridays at CNS
Looking to get some extra track time? CNS will begin a new program on Friday night's which will allow any car owner and driver to come on out to the track and get some track time which will allow every race team to fine tune their cars for race day. Not only that but it's also a time to have some fun with your fellow competitors and do some bench racing in the beer garden.
Introducing Test and Tune Fridays at CNS.
The pit gate will open at 3PM and cars will be allowed on the track from 3 to dark. Every car and driver will be a $25 entry in to the pits and each additional crew member will only be $5.
The Beer Garden will open from 5PM to 10PM and cold beverages will be available. A great time will be had by all so don't miss out on a inexpensive and FUN way to get some extra track time at Colorado National Speedway. Entrance into the beer garden will be free.
Rookie Blake Harris Shocks the Late Model Division Winning the Oskar Blues Brewery 100 Lapper.
(Dacono, CO 06-30-2012) A world class fireworks display lit up the night sky sending "ooos" and "ahhhs" throughout the packed Colorado National Speedway grandstands. Yet even the fireworks couldn't match the action on the track during the Oskar Blues Brewery 4th of July Race at CNS. Rookie driver Blake Harris from Wheat Ridge driving the black #26 Monte Carlo made a daring last lap pass on #11 Darren Robertson to win the 100 lap main event stunning the huge field of drivers who showed up for the event.
- Jeff Walbaum narrowly beats Lee Kemmit for a well deserved win in the Sportsman division
- Father's Day MonsterFest Monster Truck Show a smashing success
- Penalties 06-16-2012
- ERA Supermodified schedule
- The Father's Day race at CNS goes to Bruce "the Moose" Yackey
- Lee Kemmit drives the GTI/DEKA Dodge to victory on a gorgeous Colorado evening at CNS
- Chris Eggleston leads flag to flag to take CNS glory
- USA Today lists CNS as one of the 10 best!
- Penalties 05-27-2012
- Gering Nebraska's Rick Smith powers his way to winning the Famous Dave's BBQ 100
Page 9 of 44