POLL: Late Model Bump Stops
(Dacono, January 11, 2012)-
Only Late Model drivers may participate in this poll.
ONLY ONE VOTE PER REGISTERED VEHICLE PER DIVISION.
Poll will open Friday at 9AM and end on Monday at 8PM.
We will send you a link to the 3rd party neutral polling site Friday morning.
Question: Should bump stops be permitted in the Late Model division for the 2012 season at Colorado National Speedway?
NOTE: This is not a democratic voting process. The purpose of the poll is to gauge driver's opinions and assist us in the decision making process.
John Wittar - Race Director
Tire Changes for 2012
Late Models, Pro Trucks and Modified Coupes will be running on a Hoosier 10" 3025 & 3035.
Sportsman and Grand American Modifieds will be running on a Hoosier F53 & F75.
Super Stocks and Figure 8s will run on a Hoosier 8" Comanche.
ALL 2011 tires will be permitted in competition for the first 2 races for each division of the 2012 season.
We hope these changes will benefit all race teams.
John Witthar - Race Director
Late Model Rule Changes and Clarification
Late Model race teams, below is our first draft of rule changes for the 2012 season. Hard copies will be available at the trade show Jan 27th & 28th. It is possible that there will be more changes/updates/clarifications coming so please check back frequently.
1) Side mirrors will be permitted and must not protrude beyond the vehicle's door panel and must not be constructed of glass.
2) Under-slung (Late Model style) rear clips will be permitted in the Sportsman division.
3) The old Sportsman firewall rule will be omitted. Cars must have the old style type front full firewall or Late Model style foot box and interior. Late Model style foot box must be totally enclosed and made of steel. Right side interior panel can taper upward to the right side door bar. A metal firewall must separate the driver from the trunk area. Driver's compartment must be totally sealed from the underside of the vehicle for fire and exhaust fume protection.
4) Nascar Elite Division Engine Rules, maximum cubic inch will be changed from 358ci to 362ci.
5) C.N.S. spec engine, 365 cubic inch maximim-maximim bore changed to 4.0750.
6) For all Late Model body rules refer to ABC rulebook. This supercedes all other C.N.S. body rules. C.N.S. will use the 6 1/2 inch tall by 60 inch wide spoiler option. No weight penalty will be assessed for 1998-2002 bodies. We don't anticipate any further changes.
Complete final changes to the 2012 rule book will be available here on ColoradoSpeedway.com no later than January 30th. Remember to bookmark this page and check back often.
Grand American Modified & Mod Coupes
The GAMs will be running as their own division in 2012 with 12 races on the schedule. They will be running under the 2010 rules (to be clarified in the rule book by CNS Tech Director Art Kilgore) with a Hoosier 8" F53 & F75 tire.
The Modified Coupes will also be running in their own division with 11 races scheduled for the 2012 season. They will be running on a Hoosier 10" 3025 & 3035 tire. The Modified Coupes will be running under CARC rules and tech and car drivers and owners will be required to be a registered club member and hold a car registration with Colorado National Speedway and CARC.
Also the High Plains Modifieds are in talks to run at CNS and we're looking forward to the possibility of BIG car counts which will contribute to the fast and furious action here at CNS.
Stay tuned to the CNS Tech News here at http://coloradospeedway.com/tech for more updates.
Lets have a great 2012 season.
John Witthar - Race Director
JD Dixon Announces His Retirement
“I'm Going Fishing”
Dacono Colorado (January 6, 2012) – JD Dixon has informed Colorado National Speedway officials that he is retiring from the position of “Head of Technical Inspections” at the Speedway. “JD” has been the head of tech for many years. The Colorado National Speedway “Hall of Famer” has the Tech building named after him upon his induction to the CNS Hall of Fame. When asked how he was going to spend his time in retirement JD replied “I’m going fishing.” Colorado National Speedway, management, staff, competitors and fans wish JD long and enjoyable retirement.
A complete copy of the 2012 rule book will be available on the CNS website sometime before the Colorado Oval Track Trade Show and Swap Meet Jan 28, 2012.
Drivers Start Your Engines!
CNS Celebrates 2011 Season
RSVP by November 11, 2011
Private Tables by November 4, 2011
Dacono, Colorado (November 3, 2011) – The Colorado National Speedway 2011 Awards Banquet is fast approaching. The celebration of the 2011 NASCAR Whelen All American Racing season will take place at the Sports Authority Field at Mile High in the United Club on November 19, 2011.
As we prepare for the “Blue Jeans to Tux and Tails” Celebration deadlines are rapidly approaching for tickets for the festive event. Tickets are require for the entire evenings events and must be purchased in advance.
Directions to the event have been added below.
- 2011 Season Recap
- Walbaum, Neff, Ray, Fields, Robertson, win final races of the 2011 season at CNS
- Muhler holds off Smith for the win but Savage secures the points championship.
- Savage and Kemmit extend their point leads
- CNS Late Model Points Chase Tightens Up
- Late Model aces Rick Smith, Darren Bucklen, and Chris Eggleston thrill the CNS fans.
- New faces in victory circle excite the crowd during Rocky's Autos night at CNS
- Challenge Cup XXXVII goes to Eggleston in a dominating performance
- Chris Eggleston sweeps Ride 9-11 night at CNS
- Rick Smith wins Whelen Night at CNS from the pole position
Page 24 of 48