Additional Grand American Modified Rule Changes
- 1) Side mirrors will be permitted and must not protrude beyond the vehicle's door panel and must not be constructed of glass.
- 2) Tread Width:
- a) 81" maximum, measured from outermost part of the tire at spindle height, zero tow in, front and rear are presented for inspection - no tolerance.
- 3) Clutch/Transmissions - These sentences will be deleted from the 2011 rule book:
- a) Clutch must be inside bell housing.
- b) Clutch and flywheel must attach to crankshaft in conventional manner and rotate with crankshaft at all times.
- c) Clutch must be a minimum of 5.5" in diameter.
- 4) Suspension - This sentence will be deleted from the 2011 rule book:
- a) It is recommended that the right front spindle only be an aftermarket heavy duty type.
- 5) Mandatory track tire will be 8” Hoosier slick F53 for the left side & F75 for the right side. 2011 tires may not be used in competition for the 2012 season.
Reference 2011 rule book for all other Grand American Modified rules.
Pro Truck General Announcement
The location of the meeting has been moved to:
C B & Potts
1257 West 120th Avenue,
Westminster, CO 80234
Same time, same date.
(Dacono, February 07, 2012)-
Pro Truck Owner/Driver Steve Johnson & Justin Simonson would like to invite all Pro Truck Drivers, Owners, Race Teams or anyone interested in the Pro Truck Division to attend an unofficial meeting on February 18, 2012 at 12:00pm.
This unofficial meeting is not a rules meeting. This is a networking meeting to discuss ideas for increasing interest in the Pro Truck division. Anyone interested in the Pro Truck division should attend.
For more information please contact:
Steve Johnson 970-566-0179
Justin Simonson 303-642-5861
Paul Garrison - Senior Consultant
CNS Driver’s Registration
Thank you to all drivers and race teams. CNS is proud to announce that the oval track show and 2012 registration was a huge success! This year, we had more racers register at the show than in the past 3 years! Colorado National Speedway staff and owners want to thank everyone for their positive input and support. Let’s all have a fun and safe 2012 race season.
Thanks, we couldn’t do it without all of you!
Grand American Modified Rule Changes
All 2010 GAM rules apply, except for the following changes:
1) 8” Hoosier slicks F75 right side and F53 left side.
2) 56% left side max weight.
We expect no other changes for the 2012 season, but stayed tuned to CNS tech news for further updates
John Witthar - Race Director
CNS Welcomes Paul Garrison
Paul has been associated with the track since it opened. In fact, Paul was the first person to race a lap on our track way back in 1965. We believe his knowledge and experience will be a great asset to our team. Come on out and say hi to Paul at the trade show.
Pit Stall Rental Policy Changes
2012 race season scheduling requires changes to be made in the pit stall rental policy. There will no longer be multiple assignments to each pit stall. Pit stalls that were assigned in 2011 are no longer available to the teams which held them in 2011.
NOTE: (Teams which have rented specific stalls for numerous years will be recognized and spaces will be held for those teams through Sunday January 29, 2012, Please reserve your pit stall at the trade show)
-$75.00 for an assigned pit stall for the 2012 race season. Due to limited pit stalls, we are prioritizing assignment as follows: Late Models, Sportsman then the remaining teams which had an assigned pit stall in 2011.
-$50.00 for a limited guaranteed floating pit stall for 2012 race season. Teams wanting to have a guaranteed pit stall on their scheduled night of racing can now purchase a $50.00 floating pit rental. These preferred spots will be coned off and made available between pit gate opening through 1:00 pm when the track becomes hot. Race teams who have purchased a floating pit stall will be directed to a preferred stall by our security team.
-All assigned and floating pit stalls will be coned off. All remaining open stalls will be filled on a first come first serve basis.
Please speak with us to reserve your pit stall at the trade show:
Oval Track and High Performance Trade and Swap Meet
Friday Jan 27th & Saturday Jan 28th
Boulder County Fairgrounds
9595 Nelson Rd, Longmont CO 80501
Thank you for your cooperation and we look forward to a great 2012 season.
Page 21 of 48