We at CNS wish to extend our appreciation to all of you who chose to donate your hard earned money to John Baker's medical expense fund.
Last Saturday we raised more money than we could possibly have hoped for. Today we are further encouraged by the Sportsman division's decision to donate their purse from this week's coming race to John Baker and his family. All the money donated will go directly to the Baker family to pay for the medical expenses associated with his recovery. We are touched by the generosity of the race fans at CNS and only ask that you would continue to keep John and his family in your prayers.
We will post updates right here on ColoradoSpeedway.com as soon as we hear more on his condition.
Colorado National Speedway is asking that you join the Speedway and help us raise money for the Baker family during this difficult time. As you can imagine there are all kinds of expenses that need to be taken care of while John is recovering. This Saturday (June 6th) Colorado National Speedway is going to have a John Baker fund raiser during our Saturday Night racing event and we are hoping to raise enough money to help ease the financial burden on the Baker family during John's recovery.
It is with guarded optimism and permission from the Baker Family that I make this post tonight.
As for you that know John can attest, I’m going against my better judgment by making this post and for you that don’t know John as well he is an extremely private man who would never post anything about himself or any of his fellow racers on this or any other website. I hope that all of you will understand this and respect his and his family’s right to privacy in this very trying time for his family and loved ones.
With that said I had hoped to be able to provide more positive news about John’s condition however at this time there has not been a lot of change since he left the track in the helicopter, as of this post he has not regained consciousness and has suffered a closed brain injury (swelling of the brain), he also suffered a broken left clavicle (shoulder blade) and some broken ribs. His official condition is listed as stable but critical condition; he is in a local Denver hospital in their ICU. His family and I have seen small improvements in his condition and continue to hope and pray for more, but with this type of injury improvements are slow. We probably will not update this post until there is a substantial change in John’s condition, for no other reason than that is the way John would want it.
All teams arriving after 1:00 p.m. will need to enter the pits through the gate on the east side of the pit shack.
In addition, all reserved parking will open up at 1:00 p.m. and become available to any competitor arriving after that time.
If you have reserved parking, please plan to arrive prior to the start of practice so that we can ensure that your stall will be available for your use.
Page 13 of 15